Thursday, November 29, 2007

Chad Foundation

As I previously stated about my friend dieing. Chad's parents after coming to a grasp with the death of their son have created a foundation to raise money for heart scans. This foundation which is named The Chad Barcia Foundation which can be viewed at http://chadbarciafoundation.org/. They have created it to raise money to pay for more in depth fisicals for high school athletes which include a heart scan. The money also goes toward buying better equipment for high school athletes and to raise awareness about the importance of heart scans. There are people walking around right now that are perfectly healthy and don't think there is anything wrong with them but what they might not know is that they have some form of heart problem that they don't know about. I myself was helped by this foundation. They offered to get me a heart scan and I found out that I have a heart problem that I would of otherwise never known about. These sort of problems are undetectable unless you get a heart scan. I compend the Barcia's for being this generous and making the best of the situation. They just don't want anyother parents to have to go through the pain and suffering of lossing there own child.

No comments: